The Barpali Days

This blog is the Facebook of Barpali which picturise its "life" and "culture". It was a "palli" or a village a century back where the all time great Oriya poet swabhaba kabi Gangadhar Meher had taken birth. Now this bustling little town is renowned world-over for the weaving of Sambalpuri ikat handloom fabrics. Agriculture is its prime economy. And when you happen to visit this little town don't miss to taste Chaul bara.

Breaking

Nov 27, 2011

YOU TOO COULD BE AN ANGEL


On 16th November ’11 I was returning from Berhampur along with my mother after attending a wedding ceremony. We had to change the train at Bhubaneswar. We alighted and reached Platform # 1 and were waiting for our Tapaswini Express. While seating there, my mother talked about our relatives whom she met in the function and how fairly their sons are progressing at Bangalore by working in the MNC’s and drawing big salaries. “And where as you ........ ?”


In the meanwhile Puri-Howrah mail reached the station. There was a co-motion and mostly all the commuters were Bengalis.  Me and my mother were seating on the platform somewhere in middle near the entrance gate. After a while I spotted three nuns rushing towards the engine. I able to see their helplessness, as they were carrying four heavy cloth bags in hand. They cant even afford to hire a porter. I looked at my mother and ran towards them. From behind I grabbed the bags from their hands. They were surprised but I said, run, run, run. Together we crossed almost fifteen compartments and reached the third boggy from the engine. They were breathless  as much as I was. I made them get inside the train along with their luggage. Than I left the place soon as my mother was left alone on the platform.


While returning  I apprehended my mother would shout at me. But she didn't utter a word. The train departed. Then two of those nuns returned as if searching for some one. When they neared us they spotted me. The eldest of the two came and told me, "today you came as an angel and helped us. Thanks Jesus. May God Bless You”. They told, they came to see off their compatriot who went to Missionary of Charity.
Cell # +918249314972
E. KIRAN MOHAN,
C\o. Dr.E.R.Rao (M.D),
Tehsil Chowk,
At\PO – BARPALI – 768 029,
Dist. Bargarh, Orissa, India.

5 comments:

  1. "Helping hands are better than praying lips"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Mother's Are Same Sir
    But The Helpin g Nature is Given by God;s Gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job sir..You were really an angel for them at that time..God is not outside..He is inside of is..me must choose angel over devil inside us,and always try to help the needy whenevere and wherever possible..Great msg. Sir 😊😊🙏

    ReplyDelete