The Barpali Days

This blog is the Facebook of Barpali which picturise its "life" and "culture". It was a "palli" or a village a century back where the all time great Oriya poet swabhaba kabi Gangadhar Meher had taken birth. Now this bustling little town is renowned world-over for the weaving of Sambalpuri ikat handloom fabrics. Agriculture is its prime economy. And when you happen to visit this little town don't miss to taste Chaul bara.

Breaking

Aug 14, 2011

THE TOUCH OF BABA (SAI BABA MIRACLES IN MY LIFE)


I  used  to  be an atheist in life,  simply believing on the matters that is visible to bare eyes.  In the year 1998 I used to stay along with my brother in his home at New Delhi. My sister-in-law Pinky is an ardent devote of  Shiridi Sai Baba. She had  a  small temple  where   she  used to keep Baba's idol. Every morning she used to light-up a diya (oil lamp) before leaving  for her office. I used to sit near it  while  watching TV entire day. The glowing light use to catch my attention. I used  to  pour oil on the lamp or pull the thread before the light extinguish. As a consequence of which I made it a perennial lamp. My vision was restricted only to the glowing lamp while ignoring  Shiridi Sai baba sitting next to it.

Once  it so happened I was alone at home. Our neighbor celebrated their kid’s birthday. As the houses are small all the male guests gathered at our place to have hard-drinks. Though I am  not a drunkard, but how could I resist having such a luxury. When all the guest left, I locked the doors, checked the oil  in  Sai  Baba’s  lamp  and  went   to   bed.   Even   before   I   could   catch   the  sleep,  I   became   aware  of   some strange vibrations, which I never felt before in life. Then Sai Baba’s locket on my neck was slowly pulled out on its own. I wanted to open my eyes, but out of fear couldn’t. Though drunken but well in senses.  Next morning when  got-up from bed, I found the thread of the Shiridi Sai Baba locket  on my neck  was broken. With this event Baba assured me, “when you look at me, I look at you ”.

In a few  days time from the occurrence of this event I got a job with IDBI Bank Ltd. at New Delhi. It was time for New Year celebration. We all the employees went to Massourie, the Himalayas. In the night bottles were opened to cheer. While overlooking the past event, once again I resorted to the same old path. That night my Shiridi Sai Baba locket was pulled itself violently. When I checked it, the aluminum metal-ring of the locket was broken. I thought enough is enough. When I fail to respect his teachings, I got no eligibility to wear the locket. I made a vow neither I shall ever  drink alcohol in this life, nor shall ever wear Baba’s locket. That day onwards I removed  Baba’s locket, which always used to adore my neck. For these long ten years I able to stick to this rule.  With his grace,  I able to lead a life free of sedatives, be it alcohol or tobacco in any form. 

I might have removed His locket from my neck but He stayed back in my life. These days instead of Baba’s locket I am wearing five rudrakhs. Some nights when I am in deep sleep, even while my body is un-moved, I wakes to the tune of its dancing  on my bare-chest and rubbing each other.

The other evening I went to open my cupboard  to take out some valuable document from the file. I was disturbed, when I found the file itself was missing from its usual place, where it is being kept all the time. Next morning when I opened the cupboard the file was there. It was not that, previous night I have over-looked it. I reached to the conclusion that, what belongs to me, shall always be mine. At the time of need, Baba will make the necessary arrangement.

This poor soul never able to understand all these miracles that keeps on happening day on day off. 

E KIRAN MOHAN
C\o. Dr.E.R.Rao(MD)
Main Road, Barpali-768029
Dist-Bargarh, Orissa, India
Ph-91-99-371-20565,
91-6646-256565,
91-6646-256153.

5 comments:

  1. Really me too experienced this kind of a situation in my life ...
    OM Sai Ram
    Baba please bless the person , who's reading this comment.
    Shradha Saburi🙏🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir u r very lucky....om Sai Ram .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Om Sairam.Baba knows his devotees well.Shraddha 🌟 Saburi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baba,s miracles are experienced by people who have full faith in Him. His Grace and blessings are there in our lives too. Mere Sai jaise koi nahin .. Sai hii Sai aur sirf Sai

    ReplyDelete